- This event has passed.
Mindful Living Weekend
September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 am - September 17, 2017 @ 2:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00am on day Third of the month, repeating until December 16, 2017
Saturday Work Day and Sunday Day of Mindfulness
During many months throughout the year we hold a Mindful Living Community Weekend. All day Saturday is a community work day on the land with picnics and a light meditation schedule. All day Sunday is a Day of Mindfulness Practice.
Attend either or both days. All are welcome!
Saturday Mindful Work Day from 10am to 4pm
Please join the fun of working together as a community to care for Morning Sun’s land and hall.
After our work we will enjoy sitting meditation and a community dinner together (please let us know if you will stay for dinner so we can plan the meal amounts).
Friends are welcome to stay over night on Saturday. Accommodations are very limited, so you may need to bring your own camping equipment or stay in the yurt or cabin. Please let us know if you plan to stay overnight so we can consider your sleeping requests and plan for meals.
To reserve accommodation, please contact us directly using our contact form.
$10-20 Suggested Donation for Each Day.
Sunday Day of Mindfulness from 9:45am to 2pm
9:45-12:30 Meditation and Teachings/Discussion
- 9:45 Arrive and Settle In (Please come to the driveway of 655 Gilsum Mine Rd, then follow the driveway for 1/2 a mile to the parking/clearing. The meditation hall is tucked in the woods just west/left of the parking area.)
- 10 – 11 Sitting and Walking Meditation (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often the first sitting will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day.)
- 11 – 12:30 Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day (We begin this hour with some mindful stretching, followed by teachings and discussion held in mindfulness to nourish collective understanding.)
12:30-2:30 Walking Meditation and Potluck Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 Outdoor Walking Meditation (We will gather outdoors for singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation. Often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 1:30 – 2:30 Vegetarian Potluck Lunch (A meal shared in mindfulness. Please bring a vegetarian dish to share. Also be sure to bring your own plate/bowl/utensil for eating.)