- This event has passed.
In Person Day of Mindfulness
July 11, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Most Sundays throughout the year we gather for a Day of Mindfulness.
We will have sitting meditations, outdoor walking meditation, practice guidance and discussion. (no potlucks, yet!)
Opening During Covid-19: We are happy to open our doors once again to the public for these nourishing, heart-felt and refreshing events. We have been extremely careful during the pandemic and feel happy to welcome friends who have been and continue to be careful. If you have symptoms or might have been exposed to covid-19 or other respiratory viruses, we ask that you stay home and practice with us in your hearts. Currently we plan will be outdoors the entire time, although if the need arose we may open indoor spaces. If we did go indoors we would ask everyone to wear a mask. We will continue to practice physical-distancing from anyone who is not in each other’s pods. People in pods may sit close together. The Barn is still off-limits for now. The outhouses will be available. And yes, please bring a mask to wear when in close proximity to others (even if you are vaccinated).
Sign up for our Weekly E-Letter for details on themes of practice for the day and updates to our practice schedule.
$10-30 Suggested Donation (to practice together is the most important gift, so if your current financial situation is challenging please still come and don’t worry about making a donation). Please sign up on the simple registration form below (so we can be prepared to receive you). Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so you can settle in before we begin.
Sample flow of events: (subject to small changes)
- 9:30-10:30 am Sitting Meditation in the Circle Garden (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often one of the sittings will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day)
- 10:30-10:45 am Mindful Movements and Stretching
- 10:45-11:45 am Group Walking Meditation (We begin with singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation through the forest, often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 11:45-12:30 pm Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day
- 12:30 pm Closing Announcements