In Person Day of Mindfulness
December 11 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Sunday, repeating until December 11, 2022
Most Sundays throughout the year we gather for a Day of Mindfulness.
We will have sitting meditations, outdoor walking meditation, practice guidance and discussion (and an optional picnic BYO vegetarian lunch).
Opening During Covid-19: We are happy to open our doors to the public for these nourishing, heart-felt, and refreshing events. We have been extremely careful during the pandemic and feel happy to welcome friends who have been and continue to be careful. If you have symptoms or might have been exposed to Covid-19 or other respiratory viruses, we ask that you stay home and practice with us in your hearts. Face masks are optional. Indoor spaces will be ventilated with windows cracked open and an air purifier running, so if it is cold, please wear warm layers. There will not be much ability to practice physical distancing in indoor spaces because of the size of the halls, but there will be a couple areas to sit with further distance from others, so we welcome you to come if this feels okay for you. The outhouses and indoor restrooms will be available. Please bring a mask to wear if you would like. Please respect the needs and practices of those who wish to wear masks or have physical distance. We will continuously update this information depending on current conditions and local information. Thank you so much for your presence and care.
We will cap registration to keep the numbers reasonable. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the form is closed and you would like to come.
Sign up for our Weekly E-Letter for details on themes of practice for the day and updates to our practice schedule.
$10-40 Suggested Contribution (to practice together is the most important gift, so if your current financial situation is challenging please still come and don’t worry about making a donation). Please sign up on the simple registration form below (so we can be prepared to receive you). Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so you can settle in before we begin.
Sample flow of events: (subject to small changes)
- 9:30-10:30 am Sitting Meditation (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often one of the sittings will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day)
- 10:30-10:45 am Mindful Movements and Stretching
- 10:45-11:45 am Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day
- 11:45-12:30 pm Group Walking Meditation (We begin with singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation through the forest, often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 12:30 pm Closing Announcements and Optional Vegetarian Picnic (Bring Your Own) Lunch! (We invite anyone who would like – to stay and enjoy a picnic, with some silent mindful eating as well as ample time for conversation and connection (No obligations and no expectations))
- 1:30 pm Departure