- This event has passed.
Online Day of Mindfulness
November 21, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
One event on January 16, 2022 at 9:30 am
One event on February 20, 2022 at 9:30 am
One event on March 20, 2022 at 9:30 am
We welcome our long distance friends to practice online with us during our Mindful Living Weekend!
Dear friends on the path,
We feel fortunate to hold an online Day of Mindfulness, with you. This event will be a hybrid event, so if you join online you will be viewing a live in-person event unfolding at the MorningSun Mindfulness Center. We are so happy to be able to connect with you and hope you can feel the presence of the sangha (practice community) in your own homes.
Our Theme: The Sacred Threshold – Remembering Our Loved Ones
We are opening this day for remembering our loved ones who have crossed the sacred threshold of death. The teachings of transformation and continuation help us to reach through our grief to a deeper connection – through which our sadness can be transformed into joy of new discovery. We will have teachings and meditations on this theme while sitting, walking, and chanting to open our hearts. Please prepare yourself with photographs and memories of your loved ones. You may like to arrange a small altar to practice with during the day.
The following schedule is a sample, and may change slightly as the day draws near. Regardless of any small changes, the overall timeframe of 930 to 3 will remain the same.
Schedule (Eastern Time, Turtle Island/USA):
- 9:15 am: Welcome to the Sangha (early login encouraged to settle in)
- 9:30 am: Guided Sit/Walk/Sit (25′ sitting meditation, 10′ slow walking’, 25 min sitting)
- 10:30 am: Guided Mindful Movements
- 10:45 am: Dharma Talk and Chanting Ceremony Led by Michael and Fern
- 12:00 pm: Announcements and Transition to Outdoor Walking Meditation, Eating Meditation (offline)
- 12:15 pm: Outdoor Walking and Eating Meditation (offline)
- 1:30 pm: Guided Deep Relaxation
- 2:00 pm: Dharma Sharing
- 3:00 pm: Closing and End of Day
Registration form is below.
Program costs are on a sliding scale. Registration includes a place for offering dana (financial gift) to the teachers. Thank you so much.
The registration form also offers an opportunity for requesting scholarship.
After you register, you will receive an email with information on how to connect from home to this online event: