- This event has passed.
Sunday Practice Gathering at MorningSun
December 31, 2017 @ 4:45 am - 9:30 am
An event every week that begins at 4:45 am on Sunday, repeating until December 30, 2018
Each Sunday we gather for a Day of Mindfulness.
You are warmly invited to attend either or both parts. We will have sitting meditation, practice guidance and discussion, outdoor walking meditation, and a vegetarian potluck meal.
$10-20 Suggested Donation.
9:45-12:30 Meditation and Teachings/Discussion
- 9:45 Arrive and Settle In (Please come to the driveway of 655 Gilsum Mine Rd, then follow the driveway for 1/2 a mile to the parking/clearing. The meditation hall is tucked in the woods just west/left of the parking area.)
- 10 – 11 Sitting and Walking Meditation (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often the first sitting will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day.)
- 11 – 12:30 Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day (We begin this hour with some mindful stretching, followed by teachings and discussion held in mindfulness to nourish collective understanding.)
12:30-2:30 Walking Meditation and Potluck Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 Outdoor Walking Meditation (We will gather outdoors for singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation. Often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 1:30 – 2:30 Vegetarian Potluck Lunch (A meal shared in mindfulness. Please bring a vegetarian dish to share. Also be sure to bring your own plate/bowl/utensil for eating.)