Day of Mindfulness Practice
November 5 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Most Sundays throughout the year we gather for a Day of Mindfulness.
We will have sitting meditations, mindful movement, outdoor walking meditation and practice guidance with discussion.
(Scroll Down to Register)
Opening During Covid-19: We are happy to open our doors to the public for these nourishing, heart-felt, and refreshing events. If you have any symptoms or might have been exposed to Covid-19 or other respiratory viruses, we ask that you stay home and practice with us in your hearts. Indoor spaces will be ventilated with windows cracked open and an air purifier running, so if it is cold, please wear warm layers. Face masks are optional so please bring a mask to wear if you would like. Thank you so much for your presence and care.
We will cap registration to keep the numbers reasonable. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the registration form is closed and you would like to come.
Sign up for our Weekly E-Letter for details on themes of practice for the day and updates to our practice schedule.
$10-40 Suggested Contribution (to practice together is the most important gift, so if your current financial situation is challenging please still come and don’t worry about making a donation).
Please sign up on the simple registration form below (so we can be prepared to receive you). Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so you can settle in before we begin.
Sample flow of events: (subject to small changes)
- 9:30-10:30 am Sitting Meditation (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often one of the sittings will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day)
- 10:30-10:45 am Mindful Movements and Stretching
- 10:45-11:45 am Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day
- 11:45-12:30 pm Group Walking Meditation (We begin with singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation through the forest, often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 12:30 pm Dedication of the Merit and Closing Announcements