Day of Mindfulness Practice
July 21 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Many Sundays throughout the year we gather for a Day of Mindfulness.
We will have sitting meditations, mindful movement, outdoor walking meditation and practice guidance with discussions.
(Scroll Down to Register)
Sign up for our Weekly E-Letter for details on themes of practice for the day and updates to our practice schedule.
$10-40 Suggested Contribution (to practice together is the most important gift, so if your current financial situation is challenging please still come and don’t worry about making a donation).
Please sign up on the simple registration form below (so we can be prepared to receive you). We may cap registration to keep the numbers reasonable. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if the registration form is closed and you would like to come.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so you can settle in before we begin. After you park in either of the two parking areas, please walk to El Cielo or the Forest Hall. El Cielo is the light blue building on the main road at 81 Rose Apple Lane. The Forest Hall is within campus, a small cobb-built hall. There are wooden signs pointing to both.
Sample flow of events: (subject to small changes)
- 9:30-10:30 am Sitting Meditation (25 minutes sitting, then 10 minutes slow walking, followed by a second 25 minutes sitting. Often one of the sittings will be a guided meditation on the theme of the day)
- 10:30-10:45 am Mindful Movements and Stretching
- 10:45-11:45 am Teachings, Practice and Discussion on the theme of the day
- 11:45-12:30 pm Group Walking Meditation (We begin with singing and to enjoy an outdoor walking meditation through the forest, often preceded by instruction. Please bring appropriate clothing.)
- 12:30 pm Dedication of the Merit and Closing Announcements
Day of Mindfulness Registration (walk-ins also welcome)