Bringing Compassion to our Impact on the Earth
An Opportunity to Begin Anew
Dear friends on the path,
We feel fortunate to hold an online Day of Mindfulness, with you. Although an in-person day would be ideal, an online event offers us the opportunity to bring the practice of mindfulness, and the presence of the sangha (practice community) into our own homes.
During our day together we will meditate on the impact our lifestyle is having on the Earth. With the support from our spiritual community we will take time to listen to and embrace the mourning and grief in our hearts.
We will also have a special Beginning Anew ceremony, a chance to touch our interbeing nature and feel the Earth alive in us, and to water our seeds of connection, joy and confidence within, so our Earth in us can also heal.
The following schedule is a sample, and may change slightly as the day draws near. Regardless of any small changes, the overall timeframe of 10 to 3 will remain the same.
Schedule (Eastern Time, Turtle Island/USA):
- 10:00 am: Welcome to the Sangha (login encouraged 10-15 minutes earlier)
- 10:10 am: Guided Opening Meditation
- 10:35 am: Guided Mindful Movements
- 10:45 am: Dharma Talk by Dharma teacher or Sharing by Sangha Practitioner
- 11:45 am: Invitations for personal practice period
- 12:00 pm: Outdoor Walking Meditation, Eating Meditation (offline)
- 1:00 pm: Guided Deep Relaxation
- 1:30 pm: Dharma Sharing
- 2:15 pm: Dharma Activity
- 2:45 pm: Guided Closing Meditation, Sharing the Merit, Goodbyes (end at 3pm)
Registration form is below.
Program costs are on a sliding scale.
The registration form also offers an opportunity for requesting scholarship.
After you register, you will receive an email with information on how to connect from home to this online event.
A Joyful Opportunity to Support MorningSun:
Registration this month does not includes a place for offering dana (financial gift) to the teachers, as we would like to use this opportunity to bring awareness to MorningSun’s Circle of Bodhisattvas – our sustaining member fundraising campaign. Please visit our donate page to become a member of the Circle of Bodhisattvas today! Thank you so much.